Category Archives: Cancer
It’s very nearly Movember, the month formerly known as November, now dedicated to growing moustaches and raising awareness and funds for men’s health; specifically prostate and testicular cancer.
This year I’ll be donating my top lip to the cause for 30 days in an effort to help change the face of men’s health. My Mo will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for cancer’s affecting men.
- Why am I so passionate about men’s health?
- 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
- This year 37,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime
- 26% of men are less likely to go the doctor compared to women
I’m asking you to support my Movember campaign by making a donation by either:
- Donating online at: http://mobro.co/jc74
- If you want to go old school you can write a cheque payable to “Movember”, reference my name and Registration Number 1620310 and send it to: Movember Europe, PO Box 68600, London, EC1P 1EF
If you’d like to find out more about the type of work you’d be helping to fund by supporting Movember, take a look at the Programmes We Fund section on the Movember website: http://uk.movember.com/about
Thank you in advance for supporting my efforts to change the face of men’s health.
As you’ll know Cancer has hit my family very hard over the years, with both of my dearly departed Grandfathers having battled with Prostate Cancer. My Gran has fought Bowel Cancer, my Mum has recently had Breast Cancer, My Uncle is currently being treated for Prostate Cancer and Dad has an ongoing fight with Skin Cancer, so this is a cause very close to my heart.
Any donation you feel able to make would be very much appreciated!
Thanks & Regards,